Today marks three years of Adventures in Audio and 200 posts!
For something silly, here’s what I created the first time I used the AT&T Text-to-Speech Demo. Sometimes it pops up in my iTunes and always cracks me up.
For something retrospective, here are some stats from the last three years:
Top 5 Most Viewed Posts
- Pavement Live on KDVS
- Calvin Johnson on the Occupy Movement
- The McDonald’s Menu Song
- The 7-Up “Uncola” Song
- Radio Show: Folk Music of Peru
Top 5 Most Views from Non-English-Speaking Countries
Best 5 Google Search Terms That Brought People Here
- kieran hebden eyes (FYF Fest: Four Tet)
- rumba beats for ice cream truck music (Ice Cream Beat)
- yolo (KDVS Wins! Station ID)
(probably not what they were looking for)
- japan naked curling (Moe Meguro Practice Session)
(also probably not what they were looking for)
- “I tried to stick around for punk kids Heller Keller, but watching one of the singers put out a cigarette on the ground inside the gallery and then tell the audience ‘fuck all you guys’ three times in five minutes was my limit. If that were my venue, I wouldn’t invite them to play again.” (Ema and Her Lady Parts)
I just Googled this myself and found that Heller Keller has been using this quote from my post as their bio on Bandcamp. I mean, that’s pretty great.
Thanks for reading and listening! Many more audio adventures to come.